Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pretty Thursday



Today was a very good day in ALI LAND. Anticipating two full days of work at Molto Formaggio, I vowed to make the most of a sunny, 65-degree Thursday. After a run on the Katy Trail and tackling the obligatory chores at home, I headed to my soon-to-be-home, Henderson Avenue. Starting at the Wooden House and moving eastward, I ventured in and out of all the shops I'd never been in (and some that I had) between 75 and Bonita. Then I headed north to the new Whole Foods on Park Lane and discovered that my go-to bottle of screwtop red not only earned 90 points from Wine Spectator but is also going for a mere 10 bucks a pop (I usually pay 12 at Sigel's). Get in the know: it's the 2006 Monte Antico, a Sangiovese-Merlot-Cabernet Sauvignon blend from Tuscany. Oh, and the bulb that my grandmother gave me two years ago has bloomed into a sexy trifecta of flowers. Now, for the photo montage:

No comments:

Post a Comment