Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Antiques

There is a roadside antiques mart on Highway 67, in in a little place called Rainbow, Texas. A few weeks ago, en route home from a visit to Fossil Rim in Glen Rose, I stopped in. Here's my bounty, all of it purchased for just under 80 bucks. It jibes perfectly with the found furniture / antique-y / cottage-feel that I envision our new house will take on. The place is called American Country Mall (ignore the political propaganda on the right side of the page!). Now for my finds:
Kree-Mee Yellow American Spread
I couldn't resist this case for early Velveeta-like "cheese"

Piece of An Old Door
&
Rough Wood Frame
I love the key that's attached in the center of this worn out door panel. 
I replaced the photo and mat in the frame.


"Hopeless" Hope Chest
It needs a good scrubbing - and a new fabric lining. 
I'll mount it on the wall and use it as a storage cabinet, or set
in on the floor and use it as chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment