Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Adventures in Fitness (Indoors and Out)


Being home all day sure is motivation to get some exercise. Lucky for me, an entrance to Katy Trail is just down the street. The 3.5-mile still-in-progress trail is a "public park" that's "privately maintained," which means it's funded by donations. A running path runs alongside a cycling trail, and the whole shebang is built atop of a former railroad track. The trail begins a little bit south of the entrance I use and goes north to the Mockingbird Station area. It's great because it serves as an access point to other neighborhoods, like Knox-Henderson, and it links some small city parks. I just read that a cafe is supposed to open along the trail. That calls for some investigation.

There's also a Sunstone Yoga center across the street. Yesterday I took my first class, a 90-minute session called Fire. 98.6 degrees/60% humidity. No surprise, it was HOT, and the room was filled with sweaty, contorting bodies. I later found out that something was awry with the heating and humidity system, making the room significantly hotter than it should've been. Knowing that, I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment