Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dallas's Bishop Arts District

Today's Dallas adventure takes me to the Bishop Arts District, in Dallas's Oak Cliff neighborhood. I have returned with the promise to always bring out-of-towners (especially New Yorkers) here. It's one of the city's best pockets for eating, shopping, and walking around, all whilst supporting local small businesses.

My finds:

Zola's Everyday Vintage
Where I scored this sweet 70's handbag for 30 bucks!Bishop Street Market
The perfect spot for indulgent gifts, including an entire line of Thymes products, which, in case you don't know, includes those amazing-smelling Frasier fir candles, diffusers, and soaps.
Fete-ish
A bright assortment of giftable goodies, plus local art. I loved these wall plaques by Dallas artist T.G. O'Reilly.Make
Carries wares from crafty locals, like these snarky pillows, as well as hosts classes on everything from sewing to soap-making.

1 comment: