Thursday, October 15, 2009

Arts & Architecture (and, unexpectedly, Sculpture)






Today I was all set to attend an architecture forum with Rem Koolhaas at the spanking new Wyly Theater, an event that was advertised as free at 4 p.m. So I walked downtown to get a seat—little did I know I needed a ticket. Not that the website of the Performing Arts Center gave any hint. No one wants to hear me complain about the inefficiency of communication, so to hell with it. I took it as a chance to tour the Nasher Sculpture Center just down the street. My favorites: Rush Hour by George Segal, Bronze Crowd by Magdelena Abakanowicz, and Walking To The Sky, by Jonathan Borofsky. Come to find out, there was also an exhibit on the architecture of Foster + Partners, the designer of the Winspear Opera House, the other big-deal arts opening in Dallas this week. Norman Foster is speaking at a forum tomorrow morning. Now, if I can only figure out where to get a "free" ticket...

No comments:

Post a Comment